Stories and meditations on the biblical prophets--those called by God to lead their people to justice. McKenna draws on scripture and a treasure house of stories from many traditions, to bring their compelling stories to light.
1. The Prophet
2. Moses: Prophet-Liberator
3. Elijah and Elisha: The Prophet and His Disciple
4. Amos and Hosea: The Northern Prophets
5. Jeremiah and Zephaniah: The Long March to Jerusalem
6. Micah and Isaiah: The Southern Prophets
7. Lamentations and Ezekiel: The Pain and Hope of Exile
8. Second Isaiah
9. Third Isaih, Haggai, Zecharizh, Malachi: Prophets of Return
10. Mahum Habakkuk Obadiah, Jonah, Nehemiah, Ezra, Daniel, Joel
11. "Would That All Yahweh's People Were Prophets!"
Dr. Megan McKenna is an internationally known author, lecturer, and retreat leader. She received her doctorate from Graduate Theological Union, Berkeley, California, and has taught at colleges and universities in Chicago, Dublin, Dayton, and San Antonio. Her many books include And Morning Came: Scriptures of the Resurrection, Parables: The Arrows of God, Rites of Justice, Leave Her Alone, Christ All Merciful, On Your Mark, and Not Counting Women and Children. She lives in Albuquerque, New Mexico.